Hello Julia Child fans!
Yes, here’s another for Day 2 of the Cook for Julia celebration going on via pbs.org. It’s a French Potato Salad……about all I could muster today when I realized how fast the day was flying by! I bought some NY strip steaks on sale at Publix and think this is the perfect accompaniment.
“Pommes de terre a l’huile” (French Potato Salad)
adapted from The French Chef Cookbook by Julia Child
- 8-10 medium boiling potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon (or chicken broth)
- ½ cup vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots or scallions
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- Add potatoes to a pot of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, partially covered, for about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool slightly to handle.
- Peel and slice the potatoes while still warm. Toss gently in the mixing bowl with the wine and bouillon; let sit, and then toss again after a few minutes. When the liquid was absorbed by the potatoes, toss with the vinaigrette, shallots or scallions, and parsley.
Makes about 6 cups
Please stay tuned for tomorrow’s recipe!