Perfect for game day or a fall picnic, these little gems are a staple on our weekly menu just about every week. Double or triple the amount of wings to feed a larger crowd, and serve along with chips and salsa and plenty of cold beer.
Panko-Kissed Chicken Drumettes
- 3 pounds fresh chicken drumettes (about 20)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- dried herbs and spices: try a combination of oregano, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and paprika
- generous ¼ cup of panko bread crumbs
- kosher salt and plenty of coarse ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Rinse and pat dry drumettes. In a gallon-size ziplock bag, add a few scoops of flour and season with salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and add the canola oil. Using your fingers, spread the oil over the aluminum foil.
- Add 10 drumettes to the plastic bag, seal, and shake. Knock off excess flour, and transfer the drumettes to the prepared baking sheet. Add dried herbs and spices, salt, and plenty of black pepper in quantity desired. Repeat with the remaining drumettes.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes and remove from the oven. Using tongs, turn over the drumettes and sprinkle each with panko bread crumbs and your preferred dried herbs and spices, salt, and black pepper. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the drumettes are golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from pan with tongs to a serving dish.