Flatbreads don’t really need a recipe…..just choose your favorite flatbread, add toppings, bake, and enjoy! I marinated the tomatoes in a flavorful extra-virgin olive oil along with kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper, and a good dose of dried Mediterranean oregano which provided the dish with an extra layer of flavor. I LOVE feta cheese when it’s baked….the tops of the cheese get lightly golden brown and the taste is sublime – especially paired with the Genoa salami. Really delicious – give it a try!
Greek Flatbread with Genoa Salami and Feta
- 1 package Stonefire Garlic Naan (two flatbreads)
- 2 medium on-the-vine tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional tablespoon reserved for brushing the breads
- ¾ teaspoon dried Mediterranean oregano, plus additional to sprinkle before baking
- 2-ounces Genoa salami, slices quartered
- 6-ounces canned, quartered, marinated artichoke hearts (from a 12-ounce can)
- ½ cup kalamata olives, halved lengthwise
- 7-ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush the two naan breads with the reserved olive oil.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to a small bowl. Add the extra-virgin olive oil, a generous pinch of kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper, and the oregano. Stir with a spoon and let sit for a few minutes.
- Layer on the remaining ingredients. Have fun. Make sure the feta is over some ingredients, and under others as well.
- Sprinkle the flatbreads with additional oregano and black pepper.
- Bake at 400°F for 18 minutes and serve.
© 2015 Kitchen Serendipity