If you love mushrooms – this is an easy weeknight recipe that will curb your cravings for a creamy mushroom dish. I love using crème fraîche in pasta dishes to add body and that wonderful creamy element and in this case I combined it with a shallot and chive flavored Boursin cheese that can be found in your local supermarket’s cheese section. Definitely a winning combination that was further enhanced by the addition of fresh shallots and chives.
The pasta water from cooking your pasta can be a new best friend in the kitchen – scoop up some of the water in a glass measuring cup or coffee cup before you drain the pasta. Then add as needed into your pasta sauce to help the ingredients come together while you are combining and stirring.
On a final note? Slam dunk, easy yum. Enjoy!
Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine with Boursin Cheese
- 1 pound dried fettuccine
- 1/3 cup minced shallots (from one large)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8-ounce container sliced cremini mushrooms
- 8-ounce container crème fraîche
- 5.2-ounce package Shallot and Chive Boursin cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add the fettuccine and a generous amount of kosher salt and cook according to package directions. Before draining, reserve at least ¾ of a cup of the pasta cooking liquid and set aside. Return the pot to the stove.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet and add the shallots. Saute the shallots for 1 minute and add the mushrooms. Cook 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms are browned.
- Return the pasta to the pot and stir in the crème fraîche and Boursin cheese until melted and combined. Add the pasta cooking liquid to thin the sauce and to coat well. Stir in ¾ of the chives and garnish the dish with the remaining for presentation.
© 2015 Kitchen Serendipity